About Me

My photo
Welcome friend, I'm Lynda Joy - grateful follower of Jesus, honoured wife to my darling, proud mother of 5, home-educator, massage therapist, & enthusiastic creative. I'm delighted that you are here, sharing this God-given treasure-hunt called life with me... So many gifts waiting to be discovered. So, here's to life, joy and health!

4 July 2012

"The King was in his counting house, counting out his money...

3 GIFTS READ...

Talking to my 21 yr-old daughter about her day, to discover we'd both been working with accounts. She in her government job working with electronic records for company finances... and me at home paying the phone bill, etc.

Honestly, I don't much care for this job! My enthusiasm was apparently showing...

"Mother, do you remember when I was little and was starting to read. The whole page was filled with gobbledygook. But with some help, and patience on your part, I began to recognise one word and then another until the whole page came alive. From the day I can remember you had us reading everything...even "Robinson Crusoe" at age 11, which I hated! You told me I had to understand it, even if I didn't like it or make a life career with it.
Well, it's the same with accounts. Some people never put in the discipline to understand money and so they are always in money-trouble. Others love it so much they make career choices and become accountants & financial planners. You may not have made a career choice for accounts, Mother, but you are empowered by the understanding you have.
...You know where you've been.
...You know where you are going.
...You know where you are right now.
And with that knowledge you can start micro businesses in Africa with a little money, sponsor children, or become a world famous architect and do something much greater for the African children.
Oh dear!...I think all the dreams of my heart just tumbled out!"

My heart swells... love that girl!
She standing on the threshold of making those dreams a reality
Me smiling as I listen to myself falling out of her mouth, ...bills all paid.





Grateful that I will not receive any automated calls saying I forgot to pay... a gift to myself!


~~~~~



"1000 Gifts"...

#109  A phone call from my darling at lunchtime
#110 A florist walking up to my door
#111  Help from a kind daughter with my IT issues
#112 Kids dropping by the supermarket for me
#113  New slippers just in time for this cold snap
#114  My '1000 gifts' list on the fridge reminding me
#115  The Chronological Bible Reading Programme we've joined
#116  A new more-positive approach to the accounts :)



No comments:

Post a Comment