About Me

My photo
Welcome friend, I'm Lynda Joy - grateful follower of Jesus, honoured wife to my darling, proud mother of 5, home-educator, massage therapist, & enthusiastic creative. I'm delighted that you are here, sharing this God-given treasure-hunt called life with me... So many gifts waiting to be discovered. So, here's to life, joy and health!

9 June 2012

3 GIFTS THAT MADE YOU REALLY SMILE



I do not know their name, but after a day of rain these beautiful flowers just spring up seemingly overnight. I love it! I feel such delight when I see them showing their pure white faces, even though they are as short-lived as the time it takes for them to form.

Today, I felt like I had bunches and bunches of them blooming in my heart.

The book "One Thousand Gifts" is helping to connect so many dots. I just love it! In fact, I can only read so much before I can't read any more for the tears clouding my vision. But for all the tears on the outside, my heart on the inside is so overjoyed...yes, it does feel like overjoyed - too much joy to be able to contain it. I have to put it down and savour the new ideas. Yet, it's not  long before I find myself wanting to read more and am finding a quiet corner again so I can see what comes next.




I have had to keep my Bible close, as I've found myself saying "Really, does it say that?" and have gone to have a look. For 50 years I've heard these stories, yet these little points that are so full of meaning have previously gone unnoticed. I feel like it's a new book that I should go and read again. I am excited!





In between my readings I have phoned my darling to share with him the joy of what I've just read. Having someone to share your journey with is such a blessing. It helps me to have to verbalise and put it into my own words. I love that he is always so positive and affirming towards my revelations. A true friend.



Today was a day with lots more than just 3gifts that made me really smile. What a gracious God!

No comments:

Post a Comment