About Me

My photo
Welcome friend, I'm Lynda Joy - grateful follower of Jesus, honoured wife to my darling, proud mother of 5, home-educator, massage therapist, & enthusiastic creative. I'm delighted that you are here, sharing this God-given treasure-hunt called life with me... So many gifts waiting to be discovered. So, here's to life, joy and health!

13 June 2012

3 GIFTS SMELLED

Smells...they are everywhere... the fresh smell of morning, dog as you open the back door, car fumes as you go for a morning walk, teenage boys who've been playing basketball, their shoes - Eeekkkk! Perfume & hairspray of daughters getting ready for work, coffee from the local cafe, incense from the tarot card stand on the corner. Maybe a rose just opening, a squeeze of lemon, or a bunch of herbs. It's one of our five senses and yet, probably the most taken for granted.

God, however, does not.

What is the aroma of my life?


Amos 5:21-24 "I hate, I despise your feast days, And I do not smell/savour your sacred assemblies.
Though you offer Me burnt offerings and your grain offerings, I will not accept them, Nor will I regard your fattened peace offerings.
Take away from Me the noise of your songs, For I will not hear the melody of your stringed instruments.
But let justice run down like water, And righteousness like a mighty stream."
Am I doing the right thing on the outside, but my heart is not involved? Do I smell of truth?

Daniel 3:27b "...and they saw these men on whose bodies the fire had no power; the hair on their head was not singed nor were their garments affected, and the smell of fire was not on them."
Do I have the smell of the world on me?

Genesis 8:21 "And the Lord smelled a soothing aroma."
Was it the aroma of Noah's heart? Finally, after all the wickedness, anger and death,  a heart that was obedient? ...thankful?...acknowledging His lordship?
Do I have a heart that is a soothing aroma to God?

Philippians 4:18b "...a sweet-smelling aroma, an acceptable sacrifice, well pleasing to God."
Oh, yes! That's the aroma I want to be!"


Thank you, Father, for the sense of smell.
... it warns,
... it heals,
... it charms.


with grateful thanks to Janessa Symons


No comments:

Post a Comment