About Me

My photo
Welcome friend, I'm Lynda Joy - grateful follower of Jesus, honoured wife to my darling, proud mother of 5, home-educator, massage therapist, & enthusiastic creative. I'm delighted that you are here, sharing this God-given treasure-hunt called life with me... So many gifts waiting to be discovered. So, here's to life, joy and health!

30 June 2012

3 GIFTS: SMALL, BIG, JUST RIGHT

A dear friend is struggling with depression...a struggle I know all too well! She's worried with all the advice she is receiving. Some of it leaves her feeling more depressed, hopeless, more aware than ever of the big black hole she is in. Some of it makes her insides flare up... "I'm not like that!" "If I'm not like that then what am I like... weird?" lost and confused...like she's groping in the dark for the light switch.

I remember well the day I was told I was clinically depressed and needed to get help IMMEDIATELY. It felt like playing monopoly..."Do not pass 'go', do not collect $200, go straight to jail!" There was nothing nice in it, and I did not know where to turn for help. Yet, help was the very thing I knew that I did need. I did not feel I could turn to the church we were then attending... was afraid to go and get help from outside the church (what kind of new-age 'stuff' would they try to make me swallow)... didn't have any money to be able to pay them, anyway. I turned to the best source of all. I got step #1 right and He's led the journey from there just one step at a time.

It would be a book given to us, a TV documentary, a sermon at church. A conversation with someone who had no idea of what gift they were giving me, or a series of seemingly inconsequential events that triggered something for me. It was the patience of Job displayed in my darling as he tried desperately to understand the tangled mess of beliefs inside my head, then help me see things from a different perspective. Sometimes he succeeded... other times he failed miserably, or rather, I failed to get it. But he loved me anyway, and God helped me get it some other way.






God knows exactly the right tools to use...not too small, not too big, but just right for this moment on your journey. He's the master gardener. If you plant yourself in Him, ask Him to feed and water you. Let Him be your guide. After all, He knows you even better than you do! With that kind of knowledge, you are bound to flourish!



~~~~~




"1000 Gifts"...

#88 Being woken in the morning for a great photo opportunity
#89 Friends online
#90 A cloudy day
#91 Shade under the tamarillo tree as I weed
#92 Peace
#93 A son voluntarily taking out the trash





No comments:

Post a Comment