About Me

My photo
Welcome friend, I'm Lynda Joy - grateful follower of Jesus, honoured wife to my darling, proud mother of 5, home-educator, massage therapist, & enthusiastic creative. I'm delighted that you are here, sharing this God-given treasure-hunt called life with me... So many gifts waiting to be discovered. So, here's to life, joy and health!

17 June 2012

3 GIFTS IN YOUR DAD

My Dad...Hhmmm...

While I know he's not yet perfect, there are some aspects to who he is that are pretty close in my opinion. In fact, he kind of reminds me of Abraham in the Old Testament. Firstly, he married a very beautiful woman. Second, He left his homeland and moved to another country. Having followed in his footsteps on this one, I know it requires a lot of adaptability, patience, and a realization of where our home really is. "By faith he dwelt in the land of promise as in a foreign country, ...for he waited for the city which has foundations, whose builder and maker is God." Hebrews 11:10-11


But more importantly, like Abraham, my Dad is a man of faith. He believes not only that God can, but also, that God does. I've watched him over the years ask, believe and receive.  I watched with innocent child-eyes and saw a real God. My faith was being developed alongside his.

I learnt from Dad to be committed...give yourself 100% to whatever you decide to do. If it's worth doing, then it's worth doing well! If you believe it, then stick to it, no matter what comes at you. Hold fast to that which you believe God said.

And lastly, he gave me a love of learning. He was always willing to hear our 'roast-preacher' over Sunday lunch, as we agreed or questioned his sermon. Many meals would end with concordances, dictionaries, etc, being brought to the table as we pursued a point. I watch as his vast knowledge of world politics (not my favourite subject), or aid development in countries less fortunate than our own, is now shared with the grandchildren over a scrumptious Poppa-afternoon tea,... and I smile. My five world-changers are having their horizons challenged and broadened.


with grateful thanks to Loma Photography ©

3 GIFTS FROM MY DAD:

  ~FAITH 

~ COMMITMENT

 ~ LOVE OF LEARNING

Thanks, Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment