About Me

My photo
Welcome friend, I'm Lynda Joy - grateful follower of Jesus, honoured wife to my darling, proud mother of 5, home-educator, massage therapist, & enthusiastic creative. I'm delighted that you are here, sharing this God-given treasure-hunt called life with me... So many gifts waiting to be discovered. So, here's to life, joy and health!

28 June 2012

3 GIFTS FRAMED BY A FRAME

Dusting... not always my favourite job :( But in today's 3 gifts I realised it could become a whole lot more positive if I change my focus.
What means a lot to me? RELATIONSHIPS! And I have photo frames everywhere to prove it... of parents, grand parents and great... of my precious babies, into cute toddlers, into fun-loving mischief and beyond... As I dust I can savour these relationships, name my gratitude for them, pray for them.

On my walls are lots of art works... oils by friends... watercolour... graphite sketches of my kids. CREATIVITY in a frame. As I dust I can name my gratitude... thank the God that I am inspired by... ponder new creations.

But it is my darling's 'framed by a frame' gift that I have been most inspired by today. He has often said over the years that "he is the frame supporting me-the picture"... He is my gift.  I have always loved it, but, today I am dusting it off...unpacking it some more...

His explanation...
 "He supports. He is her cover. He creates the environment for her to flourish. He works with her for her direction and purpose. He totally gives himself for her. He is her frame."

And what about my friends who do not have a husband-frame?

"God's heart is totally for the widows and the fatherless...those without a husband or father.  Jesus, in being the ultimate bridegroom, does all these things for everyone of us. Right now we are all being prepared to partner Him, to the glory of God the Father. The Holy Spirit, brush stroke by brush stroke, is completing the work. And the Father looks on and smiles with pride."

I like that.





Done and dusted!





No comments:

Post a Comment