About Me

My photo
Welcome friend, I'm Lynda Joy - grateful follower of Jesus, honoured wife to my darling, proud mother of 5, home-educator, massage therapist, & enthusiastic creative. I'm delighted that you are here, sharing this God-given treasure-hunt called life with me... So many gifts waiting to be discovered. So, here's to life, joy and health!

26 June 2012

3 GIFTS FOUND TODAY IN SOMEONE OLDER THAN YOU

Today was Mum's opportunity for a massage.

It's a special time for us. Just the two of us for an hour and a half, while I relax and lengthen, effleurage and stretch...

And we talk unhurried... about all the deeper things. We listen... with caring ears. We take our time and wander from one subject to another, completing each before moving on. A mother and her daughter - two women each with a family intertwined - two hearts committed to each other.

As we talk we share ideas, thoughts, plans. Once she taught me how to walk - now two separate paths with the same destination. She's further down her path than I am. Wisdom is one of the garments she wears gracefully. She shares it with me often. I am grateful.

I continue to work systematically up her body and over...exploring, finding, working, releasing...
As a grand finale I apply a hot towel for a facial massage... a little bit of heaven... and that's where we go. Time stands still as we pray for us and our's. She goes here often for me and mine, but today is special.  Together time.





Gift #1 -  A friend
Gift #2 -  Wisdom
Gift #3 -  Prayer support.




No comments:

Post a Comment