About Me

My photo
Welcome friend, I'm Lynda Joy - grateful follower of Jesus, honoured wife to my darling, proud mother of 5, home-educator, massage therapist, & enthusiastic creative. I'm delighted that you are here, sharing this God-given treasure-hunt called life with me... So many gifts waiting to be discovered. So, here's to life, joy and health!

24 June 2012

3 GIFTS FOUND AROUND A TABLE

My table...
meals, birthdays, schoolwork, crafts, ...
sharing, discussions, expanding ideas, ...
laughter, tears, acceptance, belonging, ...




Nurture happens around the table. Nurture of the body, mind, soul and spirit. My table...One of the greatest tools I have.




Jesus used the table. When He called them, all of His disciples were 'once-born-only' rather than 'palingenesia' - spiritually reborn from above. For a period of three years they came and went from His table. He cooked them a fish breakfast. He fed them on the mountain with miracle bread and fish from heaven. He shared a final meal with them around a table. For three years He fed their minds with new ideas of a kingdom. He demonstrated the Father to them. And they ate...


with grateful thanks Loma Photography©


What happened when He left?
One rejected and betrayed Him.
One vowed to follow but quickly ran into his own limitations.
One ran away naked not even stopping for clothes.
The rest just disappeared and hid.


Time happens...



The one who vowed to follow made those Jesus'-values His own and was the first to take the gospel to the Gentiles.
One by one the others all came back ... revelations in their hearts ... committed to their martyrdom.
His values now their's to live and pass on.

Discipled at His table.


Who is at my table?...



















No comments:

Post a Comment